VenaSeal™ Varicose Vein Treatment
A new non-thermal technology for safer, virtually pain-free treatment.
VenaSeal™ is one of the biggest breakthroughs in the minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins in the last 15 years. Find relief from varicose veins with this non-thermal, non-surgical procedure and resume activities the same day.
The VenaSeal Closure System is one of the newest advancements in vein treatment available today.
Advantages of VenaSeal
Unlike lasers or radiofrequency ablation, Varithena is non-thermal (does not require heat) and provides the following advantages over lasers:
- One tiny shot of local anesthetic instead of 12-15 large shots.
- No risk of thermal (heat) injury to surrounding tissues (especially nerves).
- Resume all activities one day after treatment instead of 1-2 weeks after treatment.
Additional benefits of VenaSeal include:
- One of the most advanced treatments available.
- Treats veins with a medical adhesive instead of heat.
- Does not require compression stockings after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive and virtually painless for most patients.
- Most patients experience little-to-no bruising.
How does VenaSeal treatment work?
Possible Side Effects of VenaSeal
As a minimally invasive and catheter-based procedure, treatment with VenaSeal may cause minor and infrequent side effects in some patients, including:
- temporary superficial phlebitis (inflammation of a vein)
- temporary hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin)
- temporary injection site bruising or pain
- very rarely, blood clots in the leg veins
You should not be treated with VenaSeal if you are allergic to the adhesives.
Will my insurance cover the treatment?
“I would recommend Midwest Vein Center to anyone who is looking to have their veins done. The whole office is friendly and explained everything step-by-step.”—Colleen M.
At Midwest Vein Center, we are passionately committed to providing you with the least invasive, scientifically tested, medically approved treatment options for achieving long-term relief from your vein problems.
Our vein treatments include:
Request an appointment to meet with a specialist and determine which treatment options are right for you.